Taking a break


I've been taking a break from the Studio that is, but soon I will have to decide what the next step is. During the show in St. John's in November I realized I had saturized my market because I wasn't selling as well as in the past, and because I had so many people tell me they already owned my work. In Toronto, I think price was the overwhelming reason why I didn't leave the show a rich woman (my work generally starts at $90). So, I either have to come up with a lower priced item or/and design a new product that is just as intriguing as Felt. When you hand dye all your materials and hand make all your product it's hard to make something 'lower priced'. Remember what Julia Child says, "make no apologies". So I'm going to have to design a new product for 2010. In the meantime, it looks like I will have to get a job for awhile and maybe over the next year decide whether I should go back to school and get a teaching degree or become a Chef! David Rocco is helping me to decide on the latter. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your website offered us with helpful info to work on. You've performed
a formidable process and our whole group will probably be grateful to you.


Feel free to surf to my page ... cavalier king charles spaniel

Popular Posts