Odds and Sods








I went back to Fogo Island this week. Covered in snow, this rugged landscape is still just as beautiful as it was in October when everything looked golden. (See earlier post.) In the meantime, since moving to Grand Falls-Windsor and no longer having a studio (at least for the moment) I have returned to a craft that is one of my first memories of working with fibre....knitting. As it says in my profile, I think I started knitting when I was around seven years old and I believe I learned how to knit in Brownies. Do they still have Brownies? I'm using two different sock yarns to knit this scarf. I seem destined to make scarves. :) Happy Oscar Day! xxxb


Comments

welcome back to knitting....are you going to look for a studio?
Kerry O'Gorman said…
YES! They still have Brownies...I was a Brown Owl for my daughters troop! Your wool is the same colours as the land, sea and sky there...so lovely...wonder how that would felt? Can't wait to see what you're making. I'm a terrible knitter so when I come to visit you'll have to teach me! Ciao Bella!

Popular Posts