Where was I?




I had such high hopes...such plans.... but life got in the way. Trying to teach Grade One's and Two's how to make felt turned out to be a great deal harder than I thought, so basically I ended up doing most of the work in my studio. I'm loving it just the same. So far I think I've strung approximately 200 felt ball necklaces with possibly another 200 to go. With only one hour a week per class you can't really accomplish much but one thing is for sure....kids love working with fleece and they are so wonderfully creative. So now I've gone and gotten myself another job (to try and clear up some debt)(oh the life of an Artist) so I'm not sure if I'll ever make another thing again! Well that could never happen but I am a little worried to say the least. Although, I do tend to function better when I have a lot of things happening. I will write again soon. Brenda

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
shanny said…
Oh, bless you, internet! Hi Brenda - I see that you're still doing some stunning work...

I don't know if you'll remember me, but I took a continuing ed textile printing course with you in Calgary about 5 years ago or something, and would come in on the weekends here and there to print with you...

Anyway - ever since then, I've been absolutely OBSESSED with textile design. I'm currently living in NYC, but am going to be moving to Montreal shortly with the hopes of pursuing the textiles trade...

I would love to get in touch with you! I hope all is well!

x
Shannon
Anonymous said…
Brenda, I love the felt ball necklaces. Love to check them out next gathering please!
Have a grateful day.
Niki

Popular Posts