Next...


I've been working at the YMCA's Youth Employment Services since August but last Wednesday was my last day. I may work there again, but not until I return from the One of a Kind Christmas Show which is this week in Toronto. I've been working day and night to try and make as much work as possible to bring to the show but with a full time job I probably won't have a much work as I would like. It has been very nice getting a cheque every two weeks. I haven't known that luxury since I left my job at the alberta college of art & design over 3 years ago.

One of the hardest things I have ever tried to do in my life is start my own business. I've made alot (and I mean alot!) of mistakes but I've learned a great deal over the past three years and one thing I know for sure, is that I'm not giving up. I've given up a great deal to try and make this work but these are small sacrifices for the short term that I know I will get back in spades someday soon.

And so, I'm hoping that over the next year things will indeed change for the better, and I'm planning to share all that I learn along the way. The first order of business is to start photographing my work on a regular basis. It's ridiculous that I don't do that. It's the first thing they tell you at Art School....you've got to document your work! Without images you can't apply for anything, and you certainly cannot promote your work if you don't have photographs of it!! Duh! My new best friend is my camera. That, and a list of long and short term goals, but I'll save those for my next post!:)

And finally today, for those of you who do not know me personally, you should know I love animals. I own three cats (Isabelle, Victoria and Coalie), and I live with a wonderful dog name Blackie, and one gerbil and one hamster. Everyday I take Blackie for a walk and mostly we like to wonder around in the woods not too from where we live. I spotted four birds nest today which must be some kind of record! When I spot a nest it's like discovering a secret. Take care.

Comments

Best of luck at the One of a Kind Show Brenda!

Popular Posts